Then, it was time for cake. What fun that was to watch. She was a little hesitant at first...but once she got into it...SHE GOT INTO IT!!! She had so much fun! She dug both hands in, would stick some her mouth, clap with mounds of cake in her hand, reach for anybody that was paying attention to give a hug!!! I don't think I have ever seen a baby get into a cake like she did (then again, this is my first time ever watching a baby do this from a mother's perspective).
She did great...and made a huge mess! So into the bath she went. Once she was clean, it was present time! She got tons of new toys and new clothes! She got lots of dolls...and learning toys, which mom thinks is great. She got a ride and walk toy, and a baby stroller! So much fun for her! She had the present opening thing down on her actual birthday. She was actually interested in opening her presents then...not at the party though. There were way to many kids there, and they were much more fun to play with. So mom had to open most of them! Haha!
We had a great time, and so did she. I know she won't remember it...but we sure will. We took tons of pictures and lots of video too, so that she can look back on it later! Thank you to all of those who came. It meant a lot to us. We love you all!
On another note...just for my memory. Yesterday was the last time, I nursed Bailey. I made sure we were in another room, so there would be no distractions. I wanted to really feel that bond between us one last time. I can't believe how close that nursing has made me feel to my daughter. It makes me so so sad that I am not nursing her anymore. Although, I know that she didn't really need to anymore, plus this will be more convenient when we go out places. I must admit, however, that I am going to miss the special bonding time that only her and I could share. It makes me think about when she was just little...and I can't believe how fast the time went. I know I got frustrated with the whole nursing thing at times...but I wouldn't have traded it for anything. I loved it! I know...it's just me being sappy and sentimental, but my little girl is just growing up too fast for me. Plus, in some small way, it makes me feel like she won't need me as much anymore and that right there, breaks my heart. Anyways, for all those who follow my blog...you probably didn't need to know that information,but this is also like a journal for me... to write down things I don't want to forget. This sadness...this part of Bailey growing up is something I don't want to forget.
Awww! Great pictures, looks like it was so much fun! Just wait until her 2nd birthday when she realizes presents are reoccuring! Woohoo! I can't wait to be done nursing Rebekah - I'm jealous! I want to be able to take the kids out somewhere for the day without worrying about feeding her.
ReplyDeleteJust remember - it's not that Bailey needs you less now...she needs you just as much - just in different ways. You're still irreplaceable! :)