Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Life

So things have been more than a little crazy since Bailey's birthday. It seems that July, August, and now even September are completely taken over by doctor's and dentists appointments. The dentists appointments mostly for me. The doctor's appointments mostly for the kids, and this month for Chad.
Let me tell you, not going to the dentist for almost five years is a not so good idea! I had to have two root canals, and just yesterday got the crowns put on. In November, I have to go back for my large cavity to be filled, and then next year to get to more smaller cavities filled. Ugh! Just in case you were wondering, I am so over the dentist. We started off at a good dentist...but they wanted to charge us so much even with PPO dental insurance. So we found another dentist 45 minutes to an hour away...we love him, and he is working with us on pricing! :) We feel so blessed to have found him and are very thankful to a co-worker of Chad's for recommending him.
Bailey had her 2 year checkup right after her birthday. It went very well. She is as healthy as can be. She was 26 lbs. (50%) and 35 and 1/2 inches tall (90%). This indicates we will have to sit her down to discipline soon. ;) haha! She is a crack up. She is super into her baby dolls right now. Constantly feeding them and wrapping them up in blankets, and always using her brother's bouncy seat, exersaucer, or swing for them. She loves to cook in her kitchen and constantly sets food before her daddy and i, saying it's ready but don't eat it yet. it's "in case you need it." Logan has started biting...and the other day I sternly said his name, and smacked his hand, to let him no that's not okay. She came running over and said, "Logan, no biting momma. Only milks!!!" I thought that was so funny. She is constantly singing or chattering away about something! She is doing awesome potty training. I would dare to say she isn't even training anymore. She only wears pull ups at night. She is such a sweet heart. Constantly aware of where her brother is. Let me tell you the relationship between the two of them is amazing, and melts my heart. Even though Logan is only four months old, you can tell they are already best friends. I love watching them together. He lights up he second he sees her. No one can make him laugh but his Bailey. And she always wants to take care of him. MELTS MY HEART!!!
Logan had his four month checkup at the end of August. He 14 lbs. 12 oz. (50%) and 24 inches tall (50 %). He is also very healthy, although (WARNING : STOP READING HERE IF YOU GET GROSSED OUT EASILY!!) since around Bailey's birthday he can't poop very easily...and rarely on his own. We brought him to the doctor before about it, and we were told to stop giving him prune juice (which we started after Bailey's checkup with doctor's permission) and wait until his four month checkup. With no improvement, the doctor told us to start him on baby food. So he has been having rice cereal for a little over a week now. This didn't seem to help until today. We had two full diapers, that he did by himself. I guess you know you're a parent when you get excited about poop. haha! So apart from that and his little eye infection (which is now better), he is great! He is so smiley all the time. Such a happy little guy. Right now, his favorite time of the day is when he gets to eat baby food. He loves it! So different from Bailey...she screamed and screamed. She wanted nothing to do with it. Logan on the other hand barely swallows it down before his mouth is open and he demands more. :) It's a lot of fun!
Chad will be having surgery this Friday. Its just an outpatient surgery, but I am sure he will be in pain. He won't be able to pick up the kids for a week and probably Bailey, for longer than that. If you think about it, please pray for his surgery, and for the kids and I. Bailey loves to play with her Daddy...and it will be hard for her to not be able to wrestle, and jump into his arms as she is so accustomed to doing.
Oh! One more big thing (at least to me, but as I have said before, this blog is mostly for my memories), Bailey lost her most favorite thing in the world (beside the people she loves), her best friend on August 18th. Mommy has been trying to get in shape and lose some unwanted baby fat. I wasn't able to run that day with the kids, so I thought I would take them on a nice long walk. Bailey lost her pink "Puppers" on that walk. By the time she realized it, and told me it was missing, we went back and searched for it, it was gone. Chad took his lunch break we looked for it all together. I took the kids back out to search for it after lunch. Chad and I went and looked for it after dinner and put up fliers. Nothing. Bailey had a really really hard time that day and night. She kept asking for her puppy. We had back up in case something like this ever happened, but who were we kidding. She knew the difference! It broke my heart to see her so heartbroken and sad. A good friend of mine, suggested we tell her that "Puppers" went on an adventure and have her helps us make things up about the adventure. We did that, and so far it's worked. When she talks about her beloved puppy now she says she went to the moon with Woody, Buzz, Jessie, and the cowboys. She still mentions the puppy every once in awhile, and will ask if we are going to look for her puppy, but she is better. Chad says it was harder on me than her. ;) The part besides her little broken heart the day we lost it and a couple days after, was that fact the my mom bought her that puppy before she was born...she had always had that. She slept with it since she was about two months old, and she sucked on it's tail from about four months on. Anyways, we had two back up. So this time mom and dad got smart and alternate them every day, so if we lose another one, hopefully she won't know the difference.
Well, that's pretty much the update on our life at this point! :)I am sure I have forgotten many things...but if I remember, I will write more later. Hope all is well for everyone else!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Kall, glad things are going well with the kids. How is Chad doing? And thanks for the blurb on the dentist...as soon as I get health insurance I'm going to have to drag myself back there!! Yikes!! Miss you terribly and love you even more!!

    ReplyDelete