Even a routine ultrasound at 12 weeks and 6 days, we did great. The doctor didn't ask us, and we didn't ask the doctor if we could find out.
A few days before the third ultrasound at 21 weeks and 5 days, Chad said just before we pulled into church, "It would be kind of fun to know what this baby is going be, huh? Then we would know what it feels like both ways." The thought had entered my mind of course(!!!)) but I hadn't really considered it because we had already talked about not finding out. We had to get into church, so it wasn't discussed again, until the morning of the ultrasound. We were sitting in the waiting room, I asked him if he wanted to find out, or if he was just saying that (pretty sure I added something in there about how it wasn't fair for him to just dangle that opportunity in front of me like that :D). Well ultrasound number three came and went...
...and we were true to our decision. We left the doctor's office still not knowing if the precious gift growing inside of me a girl or a boy. Then we had a routine visit with the doctor (Chad is, thankfully able to come to all of my appointments). This day had been a pretty stressful day, so I was relieved to find that when we walked into the office there was maybe one or two other women waiting to be seen. We got into see the doctor, he did all of the normal checks. Baby Bean's (which is what we had chosen to nickname this baby, since Bailey was B.B., short for Baby Bussanich) heart rate was great. My tummy was growing just the way it should be. We asked any questions we might have had that day. Then the doctor asked "do you want to see your baby?" Of course we did. I think he asked us just because there were so few patients there that day. I was so excited! Any time I can see my baby, just makes me happy! As we were walking down the hall, the doctor turns to us, ands says "You still don't want to know the sex of the baby, right?" I looked back at Chad and he looked at me...then started the back and forth. The "I don't know." "No we shouldn't" " You decide." Well, it wasn't until the doctor had me all prepped for the ultrasound that Chad made the decision (I am horrible at making decisions as I am sure you all know...so most decisions, especially big ones like this fall to Chad). "Let's find out," he said, "that way we will know how we want to do it for our next baby, which way we like better." This was it, the point of no return. My heart felt like it was racing a million miles a minute. Then, the doctor pointed to the screen. "It's definitely a...BOY!!" he said. (Don't worry...I won't put up those ultrasound pictures...Chad wouldn't be very happy with me if I did! haha!) Oh my goodness, I couldn't believe it! I was so excited! We are having a little boy. My hand flew to my mouth, and tears filled my eyes. I looked at Chad and he was so happy. For those you of that don't know, Chad is the ONLY one in his family who can carry on his last name. He only has two cousin's on his dad's side and they are both girls. This is just one of the reasons I was so excited the Lord was allowing us to have a son. Bailey gets to have a little brother! We are so excited and cannot wait to meet in person, the newest addition to our family! As of right now, his name will be Logan. We are currently trying to decide on a middle name. I will keep you posted! This mommy is so in love with her babies!!! :):):):):):)
Friday, February 26, 2010
The Newest Addition
Most of you who follow our blog probably already know, but just so I have it in our "memory bank," we are expecting baby number 2 in April. The due date is coming so quickly and feels like it just around the corner. At first we did not want to find out the sex of the baby. We had this adventure with Bailey, and while it was hard for me not to know at first, it was a lot of fun in the end. I was pretty sure the whole time I was pregnant with Bailey, that I was having a boy. So I was surprised, and completely shocked when I feel in love with a little girl that day! What a special memory. This time around we said we would do the same thing. So our first ultrasound (9 weeks) we told the doctor we had no intention of finding out, and it was written on our chart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Kallie Bussanich I am so mad at you!! How could you have not told me this whole time you were having another baby?!? Grrr...
ReplyDelete