Thursday, August 13, 2009

Evening Stroll

Yesterday evening (August 12th), we took a walk around our neighborhood. This is a somewhat normal event for a family. We used to do it almost nightly at the beginning of summer. However, it has become less and less frequent as the weeks go by unfortunately, do to Bailey's bedtime being moved earlier and it being so hot. So last night, when Chad said to Bailey "Wanna go for a walk, Princess?" we jumped on the opportunity. What's s special about a family walk you ask? One thing on this walk was particularly special. Bailey got to bring a dolly and a dolly stroller and walk all by herself. She was so excited! She fell quite a bit at first...but no tears, just got a look like "Oh no! I better hurry up and get my stroller." She got the hang of pushing the stroller on the sidewalk rather quickly though and was so happy and proud of herself. Mommy and Daddy were proud of her too!
She even stopped to check her baby, give the baby kisses, and drink some water (even offering some to her baby). She loved pushing her stroller. At one point Chad tried to help direct where the stroller should go. She pulled at his hand, and he thought she wanted to hold his hand...but in actuality she didn't want his hand on her stroller! haha! It was the cutest thing to watch her! What a wonderful blessing she is to us! We just CANNOT get enough of her!
At a certain spot on our "journey," all of the sudden Bailey kept stopping. She would crouch down, bottom not on the ground with her hands on the cement. We kept telling her no and trying to pick her up. She would then let go of her stroller, and start all over again. The last time I told her know, I bent down to pick her up, and realized why she kept stopping. She was observing the busy ways of an ant. :D That was just too cute. She got tired of pushing the stroller and walking sometimes, and had to be carried. Towards the end of our walk...I carried her home, and Chad carried her stroller home!All in all we had a lovely family stroll around the neighborhood. Such great memories to look back on of my adorable daughter. Here is to making many more! I love her...I love my husband...I love my family! I am so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment