Monday, June 29, 2009

And Time Just Flys Right On By


A lot has gone on since the last time I wrote. A week ago, yesterday, was Chad's first Father's Day. I think he had a nice day. Bailey and I let him open his presents before we went to church. He got the movie Gran Torino, an ipod case for when he is running (which we now need to exchange for a bigger one), and a coffee cup with a picture of Bailey and him that says "the coolest dad." He was so happy about all of his gifts, especially the cup, which he now proudly shows off at work! :) After church, Bailey and I took Chad out to lunch at Chili's. From there we went down to his parents house to see and spend time with his dad and the rest of his family. We spent the Saturday before, spending time with my dad and my family. It was a little sad for me, this was the first father's day ever that I was not able to see my dad and my grandpa, but I had a great time celebrating Chad!

Bailey's ear infection seems to be getting better. She will stil stick her finger in there every once in awhile, but i am pretty sure she is just exploring now. We have a check up in a couple of days to make sure everything is clearing up the way it's supposed to be. On a happier note, Bailey has begun to blow kisses. It is too cute! And as of last Friday, her daddy taught her to wink. We ask her to wink...and she does an obvious blink! She is so smart, and picks things up so quickly. Just this evening, we were showing her how to make a 'fun" noise when you just make sounds and then pat your hand over your mouth while we were in a store. By the time we we got in the car she was doing it all by herself. She still can't stand or walk by herself, but she is becoming an expert at walking holding onto things, and she has become quite the speedy little crawler. Yesterday we had a friend of Chad's from highschool take Bailey's "one year" pictures. We took them at a park. She was quite cooperative, so we were thankful for that! It was a lot of fun. We went to Chad's parents' house afterwards, and she got to play in a little pool waterslide thing they had up! I can already tell she is going to be quite the water baby. She loved it! So today we went a bought a little pool that the three of us will be able to cool off in this summer. I know she is going to love it! We are very excited to celebrate her first birthday in a few weeks. A quite evening with daddy and mommy on her actual birthday, and a big party the saturday after her birthday. Where has the time gone?? It sure doesn't seem like a year. It's all very bittersweet. Loving each new stage she goes through, but missing the tiny baby we brought home from the hospital. What an absolute joy she is to us! We always say we couldn't love her more...but as for me...my love for her is continually growing. I know Chad would say the same! Well, it's getting late. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment